Friday, August 6, 2010

Friday Morning Yoga

I woke up today a tad bit sore from my arm workout yesterday. It was kind of breathe of fresh air to think about yoga today. P90X yoga isn't really a relaxing yoga, though. It's a hard core workout that you would expect in a fitness program like P90X. I don't think the P90X would be happy with an easy yoga program.

I found myself holding poses, shaking and sweating in the first 30 minutes. I stopped at that point to give myself a two minute break so I could get a drink of water. I then continued for another 30 minutes. The whole yoga workout is an hour and a half long. It's an intense workout that really works your muscles from holding the poses. I'm hoping this will come around again on the weekend so I can try the whole workout next time.

So this morning, I feel a little refreshed and energized. I really tried to focus on breathing throughout the workout today. I think it helped calm me and get me ready to start my last work day of the week.

Happy Friday everyone!

No comments: