Saturday, April 16, 2011

What's scheduled for today? Kickin' Core

Chalene Johnsons Get On the Ball! - Kickin' Core is scheduled for today.  The Get On the Ball set has two dvd's. Here's the description from my beachbody store
  • "This isn't like any ball routine you've ever seen—its funky, nonstop sequences target your abs and core like no other workout. If you're ready to take your core routine to a whole new level, these new workouts are your secret weapon! Tone and sculpt your abs, core, and obliques with this breakthrough series of on-the-ball moves, including some of your favorite "Elite 11" moves! (45 minutes)"
  • This set comes with two workouts dvds, plus your choice of medium or large ball & a pump. That's a pretty rockin' deal for $39.90.
  • This is my first time for the workout, so I'm pretty excited. This fitness dvd is part of the Turbo Jam set so the warm is the typical Turbo Jam warm-up (punches, knees up, etc.) I think this was pretty easy for me because I have the original Turbo Jam set. All the moves are familiar to me, just in a different order and with new music, so it makes it fun and easy to do. It is also SO EASY to make it low impact if you are just starting out or don't like jumping because of your knees or back. It also can be done in a very small space. I did this in a 6' x 8' area.
    • 26 minutes (approx) of Turbo Jam punches and kicks
    • 2 minutes Turbo section (that can be done low impact)
    • 13 minutes of ball exercises (mostly for the core: squats, diagonal knees up, turbo jam wheel move w/ the ball, squeeze the ball with your knees, lift ball with legs up to the back, pushups,  situps, and more). This is my favorite part of the workout!
    • 3-1/2 minute cool down

    You can read more about this set in my beachbody store.

    No comments: